What environmental, societal and economic forces are reshaping the global context for food security?
Dimensions to be addressed:
– Changing climate and weather patterns
– Addressing demands of an emerging global middle class
– Strengthening efficient agricultural value chains
· Akinwumi Ayodeji Adesina, Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development of Nigeria
· Shenggen Fan, Director-General, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), USA; Global Agenda Council on Food Security
· Ajay Vir Jakhar, Chairman, Bharat Krishak Samaj (Farmers’ Forum India), India
· Ellen Kullman, Chair of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, DuPont, USA
· Michel M. Liès, Group Chief Executive Officer, Swiss Re, Switzerland
· Rajiv J. Shah, Administrator, US Agency for International Development (USAID), USA; Young Global Leader Alumnus
Hosted by the World Economic Forum.