This program on February 25, 2013, featured a discussion among distinguished thinkers, policy makers, and practitioners on the challenges facing Europe and the implications for the region and the world’s economy, politics, and democracy.
Opening Remarks by President Lee C. Bollinger of Columbia University.
- Ambassador Anne Anderson, Permanent Representative of Ireland to the United Nations;
- Kemal Derviş, Vice President and Director, Global Economy and Development, The Brookings Institution; Senior Advisor, Sabanci University; Adjunct Professor, School of International and Public Affairs, Columbia University;
- George A. Papandreou, Member of Parliament and Former Prime Minister of Greece; SIPA Global Fellow and Adjunct Professor, School of International and Public Affairs, Columbia University;
- George Soros, Chair, Soros Fund Management LLC; Founder and Chair, Open Society Foundations
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, University Professor and Co-Chair, Committee on Global Thought, Columbia University;
- Jan Svejnar, James T. Shotwell Professor of Global Political Economy; Director, Center on Global Economic Governance, School of International and Public Affairs, Columbia University
This program of Columbia University’s World Leaders Forum was co-sponsored by the Center on Global Economic Governance at Columbia SIPA and the Brookings Institution.
For more than 60 years, Columbia University’s School of International and Public Affairs has been educating professionals who work in public, private and nonprofit organizations to make a difference in the world.