Published on Feb 1, 2014
The devastation caused by extreme weather events consistent with the increased risk of climate change will continue to inflict heavy social and financial costs. How can natural disasters be better anticipated and managed?
· Baroness Amos, Undersecretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs; Emergency Relief Coordinator, United Nations, New York; Global Agenda Council on Catastrophic Risks
· Gregory L. Domingo, Secretary of Trade and Industry of the Philippines; Special Envoy of the President to the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting
· Laurent Salvador Lamothe, Prime Minister of Haiti
· Naheed Nenshi, Mayor of Calgary, Canada; Young Global Leader
· Sandra Wu Wen-Hsiu, Chairperson and Chief Executive Officer, Kokusai Kogyo, Japan; Global Agenda Council on Infrastructure
· Judith Rodin, President, Rockefeller Foundation, USA; Co-Chair of the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2014
Hosted by the World Economic Forum.